BAR.LINGUA
Travel the world...
One dish at a time

Review: 50 Languages App

I listen to 50 languages pretty much everyday. I think this app is awesome. It's available on both iPhone and Android version. I use it on my iPhone to listen on downloaded audio and on Android tablet, I check the text and how words are pronounced.


My only beef with 50 languages is that you can only download one audio language at a time. This means if you want to listen to Japanese audio and switch to Spanish, everything will reset. This makes the app less bulky, but also less convenient on the part of the learner. You would have to download the files every time you switch to a different language.

What attracted me to this app is the ease of use and the amount of information you can learn from any given situation. Let's see: You have vocabulary, phrases, trivia, word lists, etc. But again that's the catch: Everything is formulated, so you're only learning from rote memorization at first. A few games come handy to retain what you learned, but it doesn't work well enough to keep it in your brain for a really long time. For $10, it's not such a bad app to try. Remember that when it comes to learning, any method to pique your interest is better than no method at all.

If you want to check out 50 languages, here's what I and other learners wrote on Amazon
SHARE

About Global Team