BAR.LINGUA
Travel the world...
One dish at a time
Home » , , » How to immerse yourself in language effortlessly

How to immerse yourself in language effortlessly

While I believe many people try hard enough to learn a language, nothing beats immersion. Being familiar with previously strange words cannot happen overnight. Nor does memorization alone help, because the brain just doesn't work that way.


Immersion involves breathing, living and doing what you're trying to learn. Sometimes I call it geeking out. It's almost like an obsession.

In order to immerse myself in something I don't usually hear, I put on my bluetooth headphones and listen to language audio everyday. It makes it so much easier than sitting down inside a classroom. While I study when I get a chance to sit down, I listen when I'm constantly on the move.

My best investment so far has been the GLCON® GJ-02 Gold Stereo wireless bluetooth 4.0 BT. It has A2DP capability, which, unlike my previous bluetooth earpiece, lets you stream from any bluetooth device within a reasonable range. I actually wrote a review of this device on Amazon.

With this unobtrusive earpiece, I walk around with my iPhone loaded with audio that I have converted on iTunes. Very simple method. It's like I'm just hearing everyday conversations from various parts of the world without having to sit down and stop what I'm doing.

I'm too much of a multi-tasker and because I'm busy, I'm able to find a way to immerse into languages effortlessly using simple technology. Where do I get my audio materials? Keep reading. 
SHARE

About Global Team